This week the children at Bannockburn have already started celebrating World Book Day (2nd March). Across both sites, the children are engaging in a variety of different activities. Please see below a list of some of the activities taking place this week:
- Decoration of Classroom Doors - taking place across both sites
- Photos of Reading in Different Locations Competition - deadline for entries is tomorrow (1st March)
- Dress up as a Book Character (Friday 3rd March) - children (and teachers) can come to school dressed up as a book character. There will be a £10 book voucher for the most original costume per year group.
- World Book Day Book Quiz - undertaken in individual classes
- Whole School Big Write (Key Stage 2 only) - a suspense opener will be read by Mr Cooper during Achievement Assembly on Friday.
- Bruce Bogtrotter (from Roald Dalh's Matilda) Chocolate Cake - Miss Hartley will be making this cake with some children in the community kitchen
- Readathon - for more information go to http://www.readathon.org/
- Big Book Swap - Thursday 2nd March after school - taking place on the playgrounds at both High St and Manor way