Thursday 8 March 2018

Celebrating Year 6 writers


 We are so proud of the progress we are making as Year 6 writers: we can see amazing progress both in the richness of our language and in our technical writing abilities. We wanted to share two of our most recent successes.

We have started a new writing project this week. We will be using the life and adventures of the explorer Steve Backshall as our writing stimulus so make sure you check back soon to see what we have achieved!

"I'm so proud of the improvement in my writing. For example, my vocabulary choices are much better and now I know how to control the formality of my writing. At the start of the year, I wasn't very confident in spelling, but I have worked hard to improve this and I'm seeing some progress."



"I am proud of the progress I have made. I have improved by controlling how formal or informal my writing is and I can also use colons and semi-colons- I couldn't before!"