Friday 14 September 2018

Year 6 Groups and Communities

We have been sharing our experiences of being part of different groups and communities. Some things we all had in common, like being part of the Bannockburn School community, whilst some of us are part of a group that no-one else in our class is- like synchronised swimming!

We shared the responsibilities we have in the different groups and communities to which we belong. We noticed that some of the same ideas kept being discussed, such as being respectful and responsible. We agreed that things like turning up on time, following instructions and making sure you have the right equipment are all ways of showing respect and responsibility.

"I belong to cubs and I contribute by helping to raise money so that we can afford to do things."

"I contribute to our school by being welcoming and helping people if they need it."

"I go to synchronised swimming- I listen and try my hardest because it's complex and you need to do it together- we have to coordinate in the water."

"I did martial arts and I took it very seriously. I was a really good role model for others and I often was asked to be the example for other people."

"Being part of our school community means that we respect others and care about our learning."