Monday 15 June 2020

Year 6 - Celebration of Work

Hello Year 6,

I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend and that you are ready for another week filled with learning, hope and positive thoughts.

I would like to say a huge thank you to you all for the hard work that you are doing in school and at home - keep it up!

Here is a selection of work to celebrate this week:

Following our English sequence on instructions, Nana has created a clear and concise set of instructions of  'How To Catch An Outlandish Creature'. She has included  bullet points to organise her equipment list and adverbials of time to help the reader - well done, Nana!





Thinking about how aspects of life have changed, Nimrat used a Personal Development (PD) lesson to reflect positively on the changes to her life. A really thoughtful and interesting piece (it seems like you have had lots of fun in the kitchen) - well done, Nimrat!

How has my life change?

A challenge I have overcome

The biggest challenge I have overcome is staying indoors because when we first went into lockdown, I was very bored and didn't know what to do but over the weeks, I have learnt how to keep myself busy by doing different things.

A new skill I have learned

I have learnt how to cook desserts such as carrot cake, chocolate cake and brownies. I have also learnt how to make some Punjabi desserts with my mum. This includes jalebi (an orange swirly desert coated with a sugary syrup),ras malai (round cheese balls in sweet milk-which can include almonds cashew nuts and other things) rasgulla (made from ball-shaped dumplings of chhena and semolina dough, cooked in light syrup made of sugar) and gulab jamun (a milk-solid-based sweet from the Indian subcontinent, and a type of mithai. It is often garnished with dried nuts such as almonds and cashews to enhance flavour).

A kindness I have appreciated

Now that my brother helps me to tidy up his toys, it's less stress for me.

Someone who has helped me

My mum. She always helps me whenever I find something difficult or hard and tells me how to do it the right way.

A time when I had fun


A time when I had is when I just mess around with my brother even when we're indoors. Sometimes it's quite fun to get into trouble other times it's best not to.

Stay safe and keep smiling,

Mr Williams