Friday 12 July 2019

Year 6 Production - Letter of Congratulations

Dear Staff at Bannockburn,

I really wanted to congratulate you all, and the children on the achievement of such an amazing show. I was absolutely blown away. Everything from the level of acting, the set design, singing (collectively and solos), and inclusively of everybody was of a high level and I felt so overwhelmed. Having worked in the UK film industry for 8 years, I saw many many talented children who have a natural ability to be extremely successful. It is wonderful to see Bannockburn exposing the children to finding and nurturing those talents. So a big well done to you all, the year 6 teachers also.

To the Year 6 children:

Last night I was invited to come to your last performance of Mary Poppins. As someone who loved Mary Poppins when I was younger, it was wonderful to see and hear many generations later, that you too are enjoying this timeless classic. 

I can see you have all worked extremely hard and the effort that went into learning your staging (Positions on stage), cues, solos, and one of the hard parts - learning lines off by heart. It's a big achievement and every single one of you should be super proud of yourselves. 

Sometimes, it easy to think that if we are not on stage doing or saying something, that its not really valid, but from my own experience, I can tell you that without the musicians/choir or backing singers, its hard to build an atmosphere of melancholy on the steps of St. Pauls Catheral. Without people like Stuart Craig and his team (the set designer for the Harry Potter movies) there would be no Hogwarts or 4 Privet Drive. So well done to the set designers and the stage coordinators from taking the audience from CherryTree Lane to the Bank of England to the step of St. Pauls and so on. 

I was so proud of you all and had tears in my eyes to know that these are your final weeks at the wonderful Bannockburn and soon you will all start a new and exciting journey as you progress your education. I hope you enjoy your final weeks at Bannockburn and well done once again.

Parent Governor