Sunday 26 April 2020

Year 5 - Mars Mission Update!

Good Morning Year 5,

Over the Easter Holiday, I read a news article (that I have posted below) and thought of you as it links to our Autumn 2 topic - Moving to Mars. Wasn't it a great topic? 

I really enjoyed listening to your thoughts on whether the government should spend money on Space Travel or instead spend it on looking after planet Earth. 

Do you also remember our trip to the Design Museum where we walked through the 'Moving to Mars' exhibition. I am really looking forward to when we can go on school trips again.

Here is the news story - I would love to hear your thoughts on whether you would like to be one of the astronauts to travel to the 'Red Planet'. If you manage to, write your thoughts down and email them to workingtogether@bannockburn.greenwich.sch.uk so the other Year 5 teachers and I can read them.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-france-space/space-scientists-use-covid-19-lockdown-as-dry-run-for-mars-mission-idUSKCN21W25S

Take care,
Mrs Stone