Sunday 26 April 2020

Healthy eating and lifestyle motivation with Madame Seaton

Bonjour Bannockburn!

I hope you are all safe and well and finding lots of activities to keep you learning new things - don't forget to check the blog for French things I recommend; you can even use the Labels to search!

I have been trying to eat beaucoup de fruits et legumes to help me stay feeling good and healthy during this time. I have also been managing to find a little more time to enjoy my cuisine where I can enjoy cuisiner or prépaper les repas. Quatre fois par semaine I have also been going à pied au parc, where I can do a 5k walk or slow jog for an hour. The other days I try online video classes of yoga, danse ou aerobic.

Here are some posters with lots of cognates on that I have been looking at, to remind me how to stay healthy with le sport et la nourriture. Have a look at them and see what you can understand using the cognates (the words we can guess because they look familiarly like English!)

Maybe you could use an online dictionary like the Collins online French Dictionary (like the ones we use in school) to make a poster reminding everyone (including me - keep me motivated!) of what healthy foods we should be eating! Or what kinds of activities we can do at home to keep our bodies moving!
Here's the link https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english-french

You can also use Linguascope too - they have some sections on Foods and Sports you can use to help you!